|Operating system||Windows 10; supplied with 64-bit Del computer|
|Ultrafast scanning speed||10 mm2 s-1|
|Readout time||5 s on 0.5 cm2; 10 s on 1 cm2 on uncoded plastic. Additional code read time, 10 s per plastic. Readout time per tray of 49 coded plastics with scan area 1 cm2, ~18 minutes|
|Lower detection limit||5 Bq m-3|
|Upper detection limit||15 MBq m-3|
|Accuracy of calculated doses||3-6% in the range from 200-5,000 Bq m-3|
|Output format||csv file or Excel|
Radon Detector Analysis System
See also our TASLImage™ systems page
ISO-accredited in laboratories across Europe
The TASLImage™ radon detector analysis system is unique in that it analyses and characterises each individual track to produce a radon exposure measurement. The algorithm discriminating an etch-track from a background feature, employs 26 parameters relating to the characteristics of each recorded track. The system is completely automatic, requiring only a button click, to provide a radon exposure measurement for each radon detector on a full tray of plastics, displayed in a record database.
A complete measurement system comprises:
- A highly sophisticated radon analysis system. These systems are used in our RADOSURE UK-validated radon measurement service.
- Fully automated high specification image analysis readout system with high throughput and unparalleled accuracy and low background. The system can read both our own proprietary format of detectors, and also the "Autoscan" style of detectors, including automatic ID reading.
- Sophisticated autofocus, including live tracking of the plastic surface.
- High sensitivity, low background TASTRAK™ (PADC) plastic elements, cut and scribed to customer requirements.
- Stainless steel etch/scan holders which transfer between etching and scanning without the need to remount the detectors (see below)
- (Optional) Ready-to-use radon detectors in smart unobtrusive holder, housing TASTRAK™ PADC plastic.
- All necessary software and work instructions.
- Full etch processing facility and operator training available.
Over 120 TASLImage™ systems have been sold Worldwide for application in dosimetry and nuclear measurement technology.
Click here to see the latest changes to the TASLImage analysis system software, incorporating improved autofocus and faster scanning.
Click here to download the TASLImage™ radon measurement system brochure.